Lamezia Terme Airport Guide
Alitalia Lamezia Terme Flights
KLM Lamezia Terme Flights
Air France Lamezia Terme Flights
Ryanair Lamezia Terme Flights
TAP Air Portugal Lamezia Terme Flights
Delta Air Lines Lamezia Terme Flights

Your Complete Guide to Lamezia Terme Airport

Lamezia Airport’s correct name is S Eufemia, and has the official code of SUF. It is situated in the region of Calabria, 3km from the town of Lamezia Terme. Other nearby areas include dalle Terme di Caronte 8km, Catanzaro 35km, Pizzo 30km, Vibo Valentia 43km, and Tropea 60km. The airport is situated 1km from the exit of Lamezia Terme on highway A3.

The airport is the most important in Calabria, and is equipped to handle 2 million passengers per year. At the end of 2008, it celebrated reaching the milestone of 1,500,000 passengers.

There are a number of airlines that serve the airport. Approximately 39 destinations in 12 countries are served with Germany as the most popular country. Germany’s destinations count for 42% of the total airline destinations. Air Berlin is the airline that dominates 34% of the destinations. Other airlines that operate are Easyjet, Alitalia, Air Europe, Meridiana, Germanwings, Club Air, Air One, TUIfly, Ryanair, Transavia, Helvetic, Swiss and Blue Panorama Airlines, amongst others.

Ryanair fly direct from Lamezia airport (SUF) to London Stansted (STN) 5 times a week for more information follow the link.

Sacal is the operator of Lamezia Airport, their aim is to fully develop the airport in terms of safety standards, while ensuring maximum efficiency and quality service to customers. Their goal is also to increase the productivity and profitability. Some of the duties of Sacal include maintenance of infrastructure, planning and coordination of infrastructure development, parking facility management, and management of security checks on passengers and goods. The President of Sacal is Eugenio Ripepe, and the General Director is Pasquale Clericò.

The passenger terminal building has recently been upgraded with more modern and functional attributes. There are four hangers, each 1428 meters long, to facilitate aviation and provide for office space.

Besides passenger flights, Lamezia airport is able to handle major cargo. It has a large ‘air freight’ that is active 24 hours a day. It has a large warehouse with air-side and land-side access to facilitate the entry and exit of goods

The airport was established in 1965 under the consortium Consaer. There were high hopes of achieving a successful new Calabrian airport, as it was well situated near to the national railway network, the huge port of Gioia Tauro and in the town of Lamezia, which was increasingly growing in population and industry. In December 1976, the first flight operations to Rome Ciampino, Milan, Catania and Palermo Itavia began. Finally, in 1982, the larger and more modern airport was in business. By April 1991, Sacal SpA, Calabrian Airport Company, replaced Consaer to handle the operations. Public institutions hold 67.08% of the shares, with the remaining 32.92% held by private investors, such as ADR SpA.

Even though it has recently been restructured, there are still plans for future upgrades to enable an even more comfortable and functional. The plans are to lengthen the existing runway from it’s 2340 meters to 3000 meters. This will allow the operation of ‘wide body’ aircraft. The apron parking of the aircraft will be expanded, as well as the construction of new hangars for aviation activities.

Environmental issues are well handled by Sacal. The environment is protected by constant monitoring of noise pollution, air quality control, waste disposal and water treatment.

Lamezia-Terme Airport is well equipped with a Business Center, Banks, ATMs, VIP lounge, First Aid, Tourist Information Office, Lost and Found services, as well as dining and shopping opportunities.

The IATA 3 Letter code is SUF. The other name is recognized by is S Eufemia. The GPS location is – 38.90000, 16.23333 which you can enter into your Smartphone/I phone.

You can see below a selection of nonstop flights covered from Lamezia Airport with approximate times.

Destination Weekly Flights Distance
Rome Fiumicino (FCO) 50 467 Km (290 Miles)
Milan Linate (LIN) 28 926 Km (575 Miles)
Milan Malpensa (MXP) 21 969 Km (602 Miles)
Bergamo (BGY) 13 924 Km (574 Miles)
Bologna (BLQ) 11 749 Km (465 Miles)
Turin (TRN) 7 995 Km (619 Miles)
Pisa (PSA) 4 721 Km (448 Miles)
Venice (VCE) 3 801 Km (498 Miles)
Stuttgart (STR) 3 1,224 Km (761 Miles)
Zurich (ZRH) 3 1,137 Km (706 Mile

Address of Lamezia Terme Airport SUF

S Fufemia Aeroporto,
Lamezia Terme, I-88040,
Calabria,
Italy.

Telephone: +39 (0)9 685 3082

Fax: +39 (0)9 685 3574

Website: www.sacal.it

Geo Position Degrees Minute Seconds: Latitude N38°54´19" Longitude E016°14´32"

Geo Position Digital Degrees: Latitude - 38.905278 Longitude - 16.242222

Elevation:: 12m (39ft)



View Larger Map