Directions to and from Marco Polo Airport(VCE)
Marco Polo Airport is located to the north of Venice, approximately 13km/8 miles from the city centre. The A4 (Autostrada Venezia-Trieste) is the fastest way to reach Venice from the east or west. The airport is located near Tessera and Campalto.
Directions for Marco Polo Airport from the A4 Autostrada
- Follow the Mestre Bypass (Tangenziale) with signs for the airport – A27.
- Turn right after driving for about 6km, and take the main road ‘SS14 Triestina’.
- The turnoff to the airport is to the left, after approximately 300 meters.
From the Main road
- Take the first exit off the A4 in the direction of Venice (Marghera). This is after the Mestre-Villabona toll gate.
- Follow the Venice SS11 at the roundabout.
- Turn right after 5km. You will see signs for ‘AEROPORTO’ (airport) (Treviso/Trieste).
- Steer to the right and take the SS14 Triestina at the long San Giuliano roundabout. There will be the Hotel Ramada and the API petrol station on your right-hand side.
- Signs indicating Marco Polo Airport will be seen after passing the Campalto and Tessera center.
Alternative Exit from Dolo
- Follow the signs for Dolo, Mira and Oriago at the Dolo motor way exit.
- Follow the same set of directions as for the main road listed above.
Belluno is to the north of Marco Polo Airport, and is connected to airport by the main road A27. This Autostrada runs past Treviso. Rimini is to the south, and connected to the airport by the A14 and A13 motorways, which travel past Padova.
An alternative means of transportation to Marco Polo Airport are the bus services. The buses available are the ATVO Fly Buses and the Actv buses. They travel from various destinations, such as the Piazzale Roma and the Mestre Railway station, to the airport. Taxis are available to the airport, and they include conventional land taxis and water taxis. There are also the more economical Alilaguna water buses. There is no actual train station at Marco Polo Airport.
Marco Polo Airport has many facilities including bureaux de change, banks, ATMS and a post office. There is a fax service and wireless internet available for use. As in all major airports, there is an abundance of bars, cafés, restaurants and shopping opportunities. Most of the shops are located in the Departures area, and some are duty-free. The Travelex Business Centre provides meeting rooms, workstations, translation and secretarial services, as well as audiovisual equipment for hire.
More information and assistance is provided by the airport information desks in all areas of Marco Polo Airport.