Car Rental Malpensa | Rent a Car Milan
Car Hire at Milan Malpensa Airport - Information
Malpensa Airport has many car hire Milan companies situated inside the airport terminal buildings. Some of the companies are located on the 1st floor of Terminal, some at the Arrivals area in Terminal 2, and others at the Car Valet in Terminal 1.
Car Hire Milan Companies at Malpensa Terminal 1 – 1st Floor:
- Budget – open everyday between 07:30 and 22:00
- Avis - open everyday between 07:30 and 23:00
- Hertz car hire Milan - open everyday between 07:30 and 24:00
- Sixt - open everyday between 07:00 and 23:00
- Europcar - open everyday between 07:00 and 24:00
- Auto Europa - open everyday between 07:30 and 23:00
- Easycar - open everyday between 07:30 and 22:30
- Locauto - open everyday between 07:00 and 22:00
- Maggiore National - open everyday between 07:00 and 24:00
- Targa Rent - open everyday between 07:30 and 22:30
- Thrify car hire Malpensa - open everyday between 07:00 and 23:30
Car Rental Milan Companies at the Car Valet in Terminal 1:
- Ala Limousine Ass. is situated on the ground floor at Arrivals B. They are open everyday between 07:00 and 23:00.
- CTM is situated in Arrivals A on the ground floor. They are open everyday between 07:00 and 23:00
- Promoter is situated in Arrivals B on the ground floor. They are open everyday between 07:00 and 23:00.
- Fly Business Center is situated on the ground floor at Arrivals B. They are open from Monday to Friday between 08:00 and 20:00. On Saturdays they are open between 08:00 and 14:00.
Rent a car Milan Companies in Terminal 2 (Arrivals Area)
- Avis – open everyday between 08:00 and 24:00.
- Europcar – They are open from 08:00 to 24:00 on weekdays. On Saturdays between 09:00 and 23:30, and on Sundays between 09:00 and 24:00.
Parking in Milan
If you will be driving your Milan car rental in the city, you will need a blue ‘Sosta Milano’ card in order to park on the streets of the city center. These cards can be bought in any of the tobacco shops. Parking spaces available on the streets are marked with blue lines. Be careful not to park in loading zones or in front of driveways. Illegal parking fines can be up to 60 Euros. Parking should also be avoided on the streets that are scheduled to be cleaned on that day.
Your ‘Sosta Milano’ card must be displayed on the dashboard, showing the month (messe), date (giorno) and the time in hours (ora) and minutes (minuti). Sometimes there are parking attendants to offer assistance.
Within Milan there are parking garages that can be used. They are indicated by a square blue sign with a white ‘P’. The following parking garages are available:
- The Via Bagutta, nearby San Babila
- The Piazza Diaz nearby Duomo
- The Via Cerva close to San Babila
- The Pisani at the Milan Central Station
- The Piazza V Beccaria close to via Large
- The Via S. Pietro all’Orto close to Corso V Emanuele
- The Via M. Pagano nearby Corso Vercelli
Driving in Milan’s city center may be daunting, but having a rented car to explore the countryside can be a wonderful experience. The Lombardy region is know for offering the finest wine and Italian food, and is a wonderful region for driving. Drive out to Lake Garda or LakeComo and explore the lakes by boat. At the lower sections of Lake Como there is the charming town of Bellagio, which is a medieval marvel. This is just one of the many small towns that feature colorful boutiques and a variety of restaurants.
All the Milan car hire companies at Malpensa offer a wide range of vehicles at the best prices possible. Make your reservation in advance to ensure that you receive your ideal selection.