Trains to and from Milan Linate Airport (LIN)
Linate Airport does not have it’s own railway station. Passengers should travel by the Starfly Bus to reach the main Stazione Centrale in central Milan. From Stazione Centrale, train travel is then possible to any destination in Italy. Other options include car rental Milan, though it would require a credit card and a valid driving licence.
The Starfly Buses depart from outside the Arrivals area of Linate Airport. There is a bus every half an hour between the hours of 6:05 and 23:45. Tickets for the bus are purchased at the Agenzia Autostradale at the airport.
If you arrive by train at the Stazione Centrale and you would like to reach Linate Airport, the same bus can be used. The buses depart from the Air Terminal Piazza Luigi di Savoia, every half an hour. The bus traveling hours are between 05:40 and 21:35. Tickets for the trip can be purchased at the Air Terminal Stazione Centrale, or from the bus driver. The journey to or from Linate Airport takes approximately 10-20 minutes, depending on the traffic conditions.
Train travel in Italy and Europe is an extremely popular and convenient means of transportation, and Milan is one of the most important Italian railway hubs. Some of the major stations in Milan are among the busiest in Italy. The train stations in Milan include Milano Centrale, Milano P.ta Garibaldi, Milano Cambrate, Milano Rogoredo, Milano Greco, Milano San Cristoforo, Milano Porta Romana, Milano Certosa and Milano Smistamento/Scalo Farini.
Milano Centrale is the second busiest station in Italy. These are all passenger stations except for Milano Smistamento.
Rail Travel Tips for Italy
- Many of the train stations in Italy have places where you can store your larger luggage while you are out on a day trip.
- When traveling on the overnight trains, you must reserve your chosen sleeping accommodations. Sleeping areas range from high-class sleeper carriages to the more economical sleeper couchettes. Reservations are also required for the high-speed trains in Italy. These are the TAV trains, which were formerly known as the Eurostar Italia.
- The trains are extremely punctual. It is seldom that you will have a long wait for a late arrival. Make sure that you arrive at the station early and have enough time to find your track. Be ready to exit the train when it arrives at your destination.
- Some of the trains may split during the trip. Ensure that you are traveling in the correct train car.
- All train tickets and passes must be validated before boarding the train. There are various train passes available, such as the Eurail Flexi pass or the Italy Select pass. Find out which pass option will be the most convenient for your destinations.