Passengers can choose their ideal vehicle from any one of the major car hire companies at Linate Airport. The car hire companies can be found on the ground floor of the terminal building, which is the Arrivals area.
The following car rental agencies are available at Linate Airport:
- Hertz: Open every day between the hours of 07:30 to 00:30.
- Budget: From Sunday to Friday they are open from 07:30 to 23:30, and on Saturdays from 07:30 to 23:00.
- Europcar: They are open from Monday to Friday between the hours of 07:30 and 23:30.
- Sixt: Open every day between 07:00 and 23:30.
- Avis: Open every day between the hours of 07:00 and 24:00.
- Thrifty: They are open every day from 07:30 and 22:00.
- Auto Europa: Open every day between 07:30 and 23:00.
- Easy Car: Open every day of the week between the hours of 07:30 and 22:30.
- Maggiore National: Open everyday between 07:30 and 24:00.
- Locauto Rent: Open every day between 07:30 and 22:30.
- Targa Rent: Open every day between the hours of 07:30 and 23:00.
Opening and closing times are subject to change, therefore it is best to confirm with your chosen rental company at the time of reservation. It is also recommended to book your rental car selection in advance from the company’s website. Once at the airport there is no guarantee that your ideal vehicle will be available.
Having a rental car for exploring the countryside of Italy and driving between cities is very convenient. Just keep in mind that driving in Italian city centers can be an unnerving experience. Italian cities are famous for their crazy drivers and absurd parking skills! Often a smaller rented car is easier to park and navigate on the streets of Milan.
Parking in the wrong spot could end up with a hefty fine. Do not park in front of drive ways or loading zones, and beware of parking on streets that are allocated to be cleaned on that day. Parking spots in the city center are marked by blue lines, and you must use a blue ‘Sosta Milano’ card. These cards can be purchased in any of the tobacco shops. After parking, scratch the month (messe), date (giorno), and the time in hours (ora) and minutes (minuti) on the card. The card should then be displayed on your car’s dashboard. Other parking areas in Milan include the garages of Piazza Diaz (nearby Duomo), Via Pisani at Milan’s central station, Via Bagutta (near san Babila), Via S. Pietro all’Orto (nearby Corso V Emanuele), and Via M Pagano (nearby Corso Vercelli).
Speed limits in Milan are as follows: 50km/h / 30mph in residential areas and towns, 90km/h / 55mph on the open roads and 130km/h / 80mph on the motorways and highways.
Find out from your car hire Milan company at Linate Airport if they offer any special return or refueling options. Many of the companies offer one-way rental possibilities as well. If you are under the age of 25, ensure that you understand the possible higher rental rates or surcharges.